12.04.2017

SINGAPORE 2017: SOUTH EAST ASIA MAJOR

 So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable'.-Christopher Reeves

Once there was a little boy who dreamt big but he thought he was too little and his dream was way too big. He often asked himself, 'Who am I to have such big dream?'And nobody dared to tell him, 'Who do you think you're not?' So he grew up thinking his dream was too far out of reach. That his dream was impossible and that he was not worthy of his dream. There was no way he knows how to pull off his own impossible dream. Until one day he met someone that will change everything. Someone that will tell him that he is worthy of his dreams and that he can make all of his dreams come true.That he can do it and nothing is impossible if he will believe in his-self. He believed her, he followed his dreams, he worked hard and he never gave up and finally he made it. Thanks to her undying support and love. LOL! Haha! Did I just made the intro about me, instead of the boyfriend? LOL! Anyways, kidding aside, I really do believe that having someone who will push you and encourage you is really a good thing. Knowing that there's someone who believes in you can really help us achieve our dreams. And you know, it feels great to share your dreams with someone, just saying. Haha!


Whatever Mai! Hi guys! I am back. Happy holidays! How are you guys doing? I hope you are all doing good. I got a little busy with so many things so my bad for  only updating my so neglected blog just now. I have been meaning to blog about our Singapore trip a couple of months ago but yeah, like what I have just said~I got a little busy. But worry not, cause I am here now, I'm finally doing it. And just to make it clear, it wasn't really a trip, trip so I am not going to share a detailed itinerary, travel guide and expenses break down for you guys. I wish I could but it wasn't really like our Hongkong trip that I prepared and researched for. The main purpose of our trip was the boyfriend's SEAMAJOR Adventure. South East Asia Major  is Southeast Asia’s largest fighting game tournament, and it took place once again at GameStart 2017 in Singapore on October 13-15. It was the Asia-Pacific Regionals of the Tekken World Tour, and aslo hosted number of popular fighting game titles.

ctto

Prior to that, the boyfriend joined SEATAC, SOUTHEAST ASIA TEKKEN AMATEURS CUP  brought by  Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia in partnership with PlayBook Esports. The Southeast Asia Tekken Amateurs Cup (SEATAC) was a free tournament for all non-sponsored players without any TWT ranking points. The winner of the tournament gets an all accommodations paid trip to Southeast Asia Majors (SEAM) to serve as a Philippine representative for the tournament. And I am so proud to let you guys know that out of the 252 participants the boyfriend was hailed the vector and got the honor to represent the Philippines in SEAMAJOR.

ctto

This photo shows how does it feel to achieve what has always been your dream. Winning and representing the country in an international tournament. The long wait was finally over. He was able to cross off another dream on his list. Yey! I couldn't be more proud and happier. I always knew that he has it in him and that he's meant for something bigger.

ctto

ctto

ctto
Watch the winning match down below.



Come October 13. The boyfriend and I flew to Singapore separately cause he was sponsored. He's with PAL while I was with JetStar. It was really an exhausting flight cause we weren't together and it felt like an LDR for a day. Also the weather in Manila wasn't that good so our flight got a little delayed. It was really tiring but Singapore is really gorg, it took my breath away! I was so amazed!


We arrived in Singapore around 3PM. I was stoked. Changi Airport is so beautiful, it is indeed the best airport in Asia. I couldn't really believe I was in Singapore, it is one of my dream countries must visit. I just couldn't believe that in just a year I was able to travel outside of the country twice. I was so, so happy. Ok, off to the hotel. Bandai Namco was really generous, the boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at ParkRoyal hotel in Beach Road. It is so beautiful and cozy. You know we always stay in an affordable hostel when we travel but this trip was an exception haha! Thank you Bandai Namco Asia.


Day 1 was basically spent travelling and preparing for the main event happening the next day. We just checked in and rest for an hour then met our friends in the evening to hang out and eat dinner at China Town. Went back to the hotel and rest.


DAY 2 and 3 were spent at Suntec International Convention and Exhibition Centre where the tournament was held. The boyfriend and his Team and other PH tekken players fought head to head with Asia's best tekken players. We may didn't win the grand price but we were all happy and thankful for the experience. Being able to join this kind of tournament and meeting all the best tekken players in the world and not to mention making friends with them, I tell you guys, it was really unforgettable. I am not a gamer, I don't play tekken but I really had great time.



With the legendary KNEE, and our friend KNeekie
ctto
With my most fave and the best Tekken player of all time for me
ctto
With Korea's best tekken players CHANEL and KNEE and our PH, SG Squad
ctto

The boyfriend with KNEE and CHANEL
ctto
Team PH with Korea's best HELP ME, LOWHIGH, KOKOMA and THE TWT CHAMPION QUDANS
ctto

 The boyfriend with his idol Korea's best capo player JEONDDING


Qudans, a legendary player from Korea was hailed the champion. But wait guys, it was not yet over. The boyfriend and his team mate Jeff were hailed Tekken 2v2 Champion, awesome right?! We were really happy and that really made our Singapore trip unforgettable. Being able to outshine best duo players all over Asia was really an amazing achievement. Congrats again you guys! You made us proud!

ctto

I am just so happy and proud for everyone, especially the boyfriend. Seeing him living his dream and making them all come true make my heart burst with so much joy. I just want to let you guys know that DREAMS do come true and nothing is impossible, no matter how big they are. You can make it and it will all happen in God's time. You just have to believe you can, never lose hope, never give up, work hard and just trust the BIG GUY above. I hope the boyfriend's journey to achieving his dreams will somehow inspire you. You can make it happen too, I believe you all do!

There you have it guys! Days 1,2&3 of our Singapore trip is up. I will blog Days 4&5 real soon! I might (I will really try) include some travel tips and advice mainly based on my SG experience so please watch out for that!

xoxo
Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment