6.14.2014

STOP HATE: RESPECT. GIVE IT. GET IT.



I got inspired after reading all my feeds and decided to make a post about hate. All those hate post and comments about NBA finals have flooded my facebook wall and seriously~ I can't stand the word vomit. I mean, come'on people there's so much more to life than hate. Get a life for Pete's sake!

Okay~okay, given that it's a human nature and at one time or another we do hate someone. It's a norm. In fact~I do. But for the record I only hate a single person and I do have all the  reasons and rights in the universe to hate him (though not outright). He's pretty much involved in my life (I just wish he's not) and he did/does things that are unacceptable and hard to understand. He's way too much for me too handle.I hate him big time. Oh well, look who's talking? Hahaha.

Anyhoo, as I was saying~ it's ok to hate, we all hate people we don't like but to immensely hate someone you don't even know, to continuously blab all the things you dislike and publicly decry your loathing ~for me, is silly. Really. I don't get it why do they have to put extra effort and waste so much negative emotion on someone who they barely know. Tell me, why do you hate Lebron? Why?

Is it safe to say that everyone has their own opinions of Lebron James? Those who love him are mesmerized by his physical dominance and athleticism. But more often than not he's hated.  He got like~tons of people rooting against him in every game. I'm like, seriously people? Where the fuck are those hatred coming from?

Obviously I don't have any idea, I wasn't really a fan, and to tell you frankly, I'm no basketball junkie (What do you expect from someone who grew up in a brother less household?). I don't even know the terms mean in Basketball (okay, I think I understand a little bit) and can hardly name the players and if which team do they belong. I only care about my-so-called- fave-team (which happens to be OKC THUNDERS). Call me a basketball dummy cause I don't know how the game really goes but I don't think just because you think you know how, doesn't mean you really do know. Unless, you gotta be in their shoe. Oh well, glad I did my research. Atleast. Thank you google!

So why do they dislike Lebron (and others in general), you ask? Okay, here are some reasons I googled why people love to hate;

1.Because he has something that they don’t.

Whether is it because you're theoretically capable of anything, your money, your big house, your tattoo, your ring, your nickname,your mvps or your life in general, clearly you possess something they don’t — and that upsets them. Because they realize that life can be unfair, and that some people can have things or do things in life that others can’t.To help themselves cope with this sense of frustration, they hate. This is how they deal with their feelings of inadequacy and inferiority after comparing themselves with others--by putting it on you.

2. Because they think you don’t deserve it.

They look at your fame, your popularity, your friends, your career, etc., and think that you are not worthy of these things, because they are only looking at things at surface level. They don’t care about the hard work you had put in behind the scenes — your sacrifices, your worries, your fears and the pains you’d gone through. Because they are superficial like that.

3. Because they have nothing better to do in life.

And we should take pity on them, really. Because for them, besides surfing the internet five hours a day, playing online games, stalking other people’s Facebook and posting hateful comments on blogs and YouTube videos, they really don’t have much else to spend their time and energy on. The lowest of them stoop to writing long hate comments. All these activities give them that momentary sense of purpose and achievement in life. Perhaps your haters don’t even really dislike you that much. They just like hating on other people. Hating has sort of become a lifestyle for them. We can only wish them the best.

4. Because they (haters) need attention.

So don’t talk back or argue with them. They would only get more excited. Don’t try to reason with them. Don’t. Even. They won’t bother listening. They just need your response to know that someone actually cares about what they think or what they have to say.

5. Because they are such bigots and self-righteous.

They extremely intolerant of another's creed, belief, or opinion.They intolerant of those who differ.No matter, they will always think of themselves as the better person compared to you.They would judge and criticize you using their own morals and values, and dismiss any good that you do. They don’t feel the need for humility when talking to you because they believe that they will always be (more) right. But we all know that such beings do make the biggest hypocrites around.

6. Because they are big green-eyed monsters.

They are jealous people. They curse and wish for your downfall because they want you to lose the things you have that they don’t. They see life as a zero-sum game. They think, perhaps if you lose a couple of friends/fans, they could gain some themselves. And if they can’t have the things you have, they rather you not have them at all as well. They are basically pretty fucked-up human beings.

7. Because they are unhappy with some things in their own life.

And they try to make someone else unhappy too — by being the nuisance that they are. They want to pull you down to their level of unhappiness. They want you to be disturbed and not have peace. If they can’t enjoy their life, they make sure you can’t enjoy yours too.

8. Because they think you're cocky.

And don't even realize that they are too. That everything they hate about you is in them.

9. Because they are, in general, just losers.

But losers who need much love.

10. Because they can’t get over the past.

They would use your past against you, they define you by the bad decisions and choices you made.They are either still salty over “The Decision” or stuck comparing everything you do to Michael Jordan. Move on haters move on!

Need I say more? Bet they (haters) still have a lot to add on my list. Oh, well. Let them hate you until they love you. Teehee!

On a more serious note,

After I summoned all the possible reasons why do people love to hate Lebron, my suspicion is this, most of us are just like him. Has he made mistakes? Hell yes, the same way we do. We all made bad decisions at one point or another. We're all just human after all. We tend to make mistakes, we're not perfect and we can't always be the person we want to be. We can simply be ourselves and do the things our way. We dream big. We all want a greener pasture and we always aims for the best. We do get cocky at times, we whine, we complain. We get to say something we don't really mean.We win, we lose.We get lucky~ unlucky, we flop, we fail but we will rise again.

Bottom line is, we don’t have to like his attitude, or who he plays for or with, but he deserves our respect.We all deserve it. Give it. Get it.

And can I just say that, this is post is not just about hating Lebron, it's about life in general. So let me just end my post with this quote I got from Mean Girls:

Calling somebody else fat won't make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn't make you any smarter. And ruining Regina George's life definitely didn't make me any happier. -Cady

It makes sense~isn't it?

Stop defining yourself by the things you stand against. You think it makes any difference? You think it makes you happier? You think it makes you special? You think it's cool to hate? It's not. It's boring. It's none sense. So why not talk about what you like, keep quiet about what you don't. This is one thing adults should know how to do.











No comments:

Post a Comment