11.05.2015

Wandering Western Visayas:Bacolod Day 1

And so I am finally blogging about our 5 day trip last month, hurrah! I know, it got me a couple of weeks to do so. I actually posted entries but most are just photo diaries because I am just lazy like that. I am so sorry. It's just that I'm still on vacation mode, though technically I still am on vacation--I am still in Iloilo anyway. So, excuse accepted. Say wut? Seriously, I hate that I always need to fight my laziness and motivate myself to blog. Come on Myrtle! Come on! Enough with that 'Even the most motivated--can feel unmotivated at times' excuse and get off your b*tt--break out of a slump! K? Okay.

Going back, the 5 day trip we had last month was just a part and the highlight of my month (and a half) long vacation in Western Visayas. The trip was actually a reward I gave myself for working so hard. Prior to that trip, I already spent 3 weeks roaming around, exploring and wandering Iloilo. I'd been to beautiful places with my tour guide/feeling tourist too friend Ian, to whom I owe this unforgettable vacation--that I will tell you everything about once I get back in the city. For now, let me share some photos from the first leg of our trip.

October 17, Bim and the boyfriend arrived from Manila. Ian, Sheen and I picked them up at SM Ilolo. Grabbed some breakfast at Robertos. Headed to Muelle Loney Wharf. Waited for our fairy ride to Bacolod for the MassKara Festival.















Unfortunately though, our 1pm fairy got cancelled and we had to wait for another two hours. The fairy ride from Muelle Loney Wharf to Bacolod took almost 2 hours, so we reached Bacolod not a little 5pm. We didn't get the chance to watch the Street Dancing Competition, which I have been wanting to see all my life. Anyhoo, the night party was a blast, though it was raining. We  kinda ran out energy because we didn't get enough sleep the night before. Bim and the boyfriend flew directly to Iloilo right after work. Ian and I on the other hand barely got any sleep because we were just so excited-- but that didn't stop us. Parteyy all night! Woooh!



























We were all dead tired but who cares, we had fun, met new friends and made memories. We didn't get to watch the Street dancing competition but we were able to watch the colorful Higantes and Electric Masskara float parade. Can't post the videos here so if you want to see them, you can check my Instagram (link on my header). They're all gorg!  We were all smiling even behind our masks. Bacolod is in deed the city of smiles.You think my MassKara experience was over? Nah, there's more and more of my trip coming up..hopefully soon!

xoxo--Mai

CTTO: Photos taken by Ian and Bim




No comments:

Post a Comment