4.16.2016

DISCOVERING DAVAO-Day 2: Exploring Downtown Part 2

Day 2 (March 16,2016)

The rhapsodic sound of drums and lyres woke me up from a very deep, well-deserved sleep--but instead of getting pissed, I just smiled. I'd linger for awhile, as the sunlight coming through the window gently kissed my face. Closed my eyes and thanked God for the wonderful day. I woke Mikel up and as much as we wanted to curl up in bed and sleep all day, the fact that it was 79th Davao Day, we just couldn't contain our excitement. We've waited months for this trip and we certainly couldn't wait to explore and experience the best of Davao first-hand at its peak.

Aside from Kadayawan,  'Araw ng Davao' (Davao Day) is another important event for Davaoenoes. It is a celebration of  their oneness--observed with a grand parade, various events with loads of exciting attractions and special performances. And what made it even more special this year, was the great Mayor's campaign  rally. Actually, when we booked our trip we were unaware of  many things that made our vacation more fun. Call it fate or just great timing or we just got lucky, weren't we? Don't worry guys, you can experience it yourself soon but for now let me share some of the photos I took. Let us start with the grand parade.




Oh, didn't I tell you we chanced  on  Mayor Digong?  Lols. It was just his standee guys, don't freak out. Hahaha! We actually saw him in person during his rally which I already posted here but we didn't get the chance to have a selfie with him because my gosh, there were thousands of people in there-- so this standee's ok.



















After watching the Charter day parade, Mikel and I started exploring  the rest of city center--where you can find Museo Dabawenyo, D' Bone Collector Museum and People's Park. We didn't take a cab nor jeep, we just walked. First stop, Museo Dabawenyo, you can find it just behind the city hall and it's for free but, unfortunately taking photos isn't allowed inside, so can't share much with you guys, just some photos we took outside the museum. Anyway, it was awesome inside, they showcase rich historical and cultural heritage of Davao city through their exhibitions.






The people are so nice, they even gave me a map. Do I look like Dora here with my map and backpack? Hahaha! I was looking for D'Bone Collector museum in  this photo..that was our next stop, and that deserves another post. I took lots of photos and would like to share them with you guys along with  the stories behind the collections. That's all for now, see yah soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment