12.19.2012

Outfit post: Dress to Express

Before the much awaited Christmas Party photos let me just show you guys what I wore to the party. As mentioned on my previous post, this year's  theme was Dress to Impress--so literally I wore a dress-- lol! and I just hope I was able to impress them--another lol! So here's the story--I bought this dress a couple of months ago and tell you guys it fits me well but when I wore it last Sat--omg! it was already a bit tight. Yeah, I know I really gained weight *sigh* blame my lazy ass! But thank goodness my magic dress is a good catch it gave me an hourglass shape (ansavee?) ok, again I kid. Anyway, I decided to wear a Bustier dress because bustiers are like corsets and I've been dying to wear a corset for the longest time--since the very first time I laid my eyes on it on movies. I watched lots of classic movies where most women used corsets to shape their bodies into perfection (like the one Rose wore in Titanic). I just find wearing it so sexy yet tasteful and elegant. Though the only problem I guess is wearing them, if it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience--I'll probably wear one everyday--haha. But it's hard work and will take time to tight lace. So can you just imagine wearing one on a daily basis?, you'll be needing an assistant or else you'll screw it yourself for hours (that's what you call 'TIIS GANDA') lol.

God thing now with bustiers, we don't need to tight lace just to look extra curvy--we're lucky that we can just avail that hourglass figure in an instant--without the hassle of tightening and loosening of the laces--yay! So bustiers are the perfect pieces to wear this season--with all the parties and festivities we don't want those bloating tummy get in the way right?! Here's the proof : I got my outfit shot after the party. Just don't mind the flabby arms :)


 

What the hell is the difference between a corset and a bustier you may ask? Well, I got the answer my sweeties--of course best friend google to the rescue.  

Bustier:
A bustier is a sleeveless top that spans the bust to the waist (sometimes touching the hips or the top area of the butt) and it is worn either as lingerie or as outer clothing. It is form fitting and it may sometimes have garters attached to it. Modern bustiers now have thin lacy straps but most bustiers are like tube tops.

Corset:
The corset was developed more than a millennium ago. It is a close fitted boned undergarment that shapes a woman’s torso. It can either extend from above or below the bust to the hips, giving that appropriate binding effect to have a flatter waistline.

As you can see from the definition above, the two are more likely to be called as twins. They look the same and they practically do the same thing. But in the interest of settling the debate, one huge difference between the two is that the corset came first in terms of origin while the bustier came trailing decades later. A more prominent difference is that a corset does not always cover the breasts while a bustier always does. A corset that covers the chest area is called an over-bust corset.

And if you may ask me, for me bustier is just more of a modern adaptation of a corset. It is more easier and more comfortable to wear and that can easily matches with a lot of different pieces. Like what I did with my floral bustier dress. I just paired it with my  purple platform wedge ankle strap pump and colorful accessories to add some pop.







So what do you guys think? Hope I was able to pull it off  and was able to impress the crowd with my magic dress--lol. But seriously, dressing up doesn't really mean to impress people--at least for me. I like to think of myself as a crafty person so the truth about me dressing up is to express myself in one thing and do something that i love and nothing more. Dressing up is something I love doing since I was 5 whether for myself or with my paper dolls so that's already a given. I would somehow like to consider myself a barbie and tell you I'd been lusting over her perfect bods--but I'm no a barbie and this is reality. I know I am yet far and still have a lot of  working out to do to keep those unwanted pounds away and be like her. But that can wait for next year--for now I'll just enjoy all the  food that holiday has to offer (partial chos).

Some might say 'There is nothing more feminine and appealing than the hourglass silhouette of a woman' but also keep in mind that nothing can beat the inner goddess in you--just be yourself and love it. So no matter what shape or size don't sit still for those  perceived inadequacies get the better of you and your self-esteem. You need not to have a perfect shape just to be sexy. You need not to dress to impress other but to express yourself and you need not high-end brands just to look beautiful. Always remember that you are Beautiful no matter what they say.

Outfit details: Bustier dress from St. Francis Square, Accessories all from Kabuting-tingan, Studded bag and Purple platform wedge  ankle strap pump I bought from my office mate.

ps. I'd like to commend the sweetest boyfriend for painstakingly taking my outfit shots (so sorry for the lighting though) amidst the mob in Mega. Thank you and I see you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment