12.06.2012

There's a rainbow always after the rain


I know that Christmas is just around the corner and most of us are now busy and excited preparing for that much awaited celebration of the year. Who doesn't? It's the only time of  the year when we can spend more time with our love ones. I, myself  was very happy and excited too~ until I heard the news over the weekend that there will be another typhoon coming in our country. I was worried sick thinking of what happened a year ago. I can barely remember almost same time last year when Typhoon Sendong hit the south land and left affected families in deep despair. So I'd been praying like forever for every one's safety and though I'm very thankful that the typhoon didn't hit Manila, I still can't help but feel bad and sorry for all the people whose lives had been affected by typhoon Pablo. I am deeply saddened by the news of Typhoon Bopha/Pablo slamming most part of Visayas and Mindanao earlier this week. Similar to Ondoy and Sendong, Pablo caused helluva lots of damage and even death--as of today the death toll already jumped to 325 and expected to rise because they're still on search and rescue mode--which only means that many more are still missing. My heart breaks watching relatives searching for family members and broke down as they identified their love ones. It was in deed another heart-wrenching time for our nation and most to those who are affected. I hope I/we can be of any help to them. Every little thing counts, even just a single prayer will do. Let's include them in our prayers and help them to tide things over in our own little way. We may not be there physically to lend our hands but we can always extend our help. As hard as it may seem but let's try our very best to lift their dampen spirits and make them happy-- let's give love and share our blessing this holiday season and add "help Pablo victims" to our Christmas to-do-lists, aside from the usual gift-buying and parties. After all the true spirit of Christmas is the spirit of giving love.

It'll be hard and for sure will take time but I know for a fact that every Filipino's spirit is strong and in times like this we do have God and each others back. No matter what happen, let's just keep our faith and hang on and always remember 'there's a rainbow always after the rain'.






No comments:

Post a Comment