1.07.2013

Welcoming 2013!

Sorry for the late post but I just want to share you guys what we had for NYE! So before Mikel and I flew to Quezon we made sure to spend New Year first with our family in Manila. It was just a simple celebration but we all had fun. Scared about stray bullet thingy so we just made ourselves happy and contented watching fireworks view from the window. Safety first!




I helped my mom preparing all of these! So sorry for the poor quality though, I just used my phone's camera and it has no flash. 



Most of the fam members are kids so we always like have a birthday party set of food during CE and NYE! Also, Mom told me not to cook too much on NYE and have it on New Year's day instead since most probably visitors will come during the day.


12 round fruits for luck! I guess it's already a tradition for every Filipino family to have 12 round fruits for New Year. They said it will bring fortune and good luck for the coming year. It's not bad if you obey and follow the traditions for good luck  but do keep in mind that we still have to pull it by ourselves through hard work.


NYE  won't be complete without this yummy salad!  Ok, it's a special request from Mikel. He loves salad as much as he loves me-lol! Anyways, Mommy makes yummy salad, I dunno what her secret is! Gotta find out!





Finally, the clock strikes 12!--so after the countdown and the jumping sessions everyone were all in a rush to eat since they'd been waiting for that like forever (just look how hungry Mikel wass? he could really eat a horse!) --haha. And as for me, I really enjoyed the food cause  I know that this will be the end of the holiday season so I won't have any excuse to pig out again *sigh* must stick with my work out plan for 2013! *keeping my fingers crossed*

 So, there you go! I hope you guys had great New Year too. And again have a blessed New Year from my family to yours! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment