11.24.2012

Memoirs of a Daddy's girl


  

11 years have passed after that most doleful moment of my life yet I can still tell exactly what happened and what I was feeling that very night I lost him. Though there's nothing worse than losing someone you love, I can't just let myself stuck in that moment for the rest of my life. I have had to learn how to let go, to live and appreciate life.  I know that's what he wants.

And although I'll never get to hear him laugh, see him draw, talk with him and celebrate birthdays with him again~I am still grateful. I am fortunate to spent 14 years of my life with him and I will be forever thankful to have grown up in a home with a father, to have had his guidance and love. I know that some do not get the chance to have a father in their lives. Some don't know who or where their fathers are. So I realized that even though God took him untimely from me, I'm still lucky and blessed cause I have had the best Daddy in the world and that I was able to share good memories with him.

Growing up with him will always be one of my favorite memories. He's without a doubt my first love and I will never forget the time I spent with him. Though he's gone and things changed, memories remain and I will always hold ours close to my heart forever.

I am daddy's little girl~ always have been, always will be. I love him and I'll be forever proud to be his daughter. I know that he's still with me and all of our family in spirit and that he's watching over us.

Here's to celebrating your another year older in heaven~Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you so much and I miss you.






No comments:

Post a Comment